Our Academic Skills Advisors aim to give you the confidence to use library and information resources independently to enhance your academic experience and achievement.
We can offer offer help in the following areas:
- Introduction to library services and resources
- Helping you to identify basic training in key databases and information sources in your subject area
- Explanation of the principles of literature searching
- Troubleshooting complex/systematic literature reviews
- Introduction to referencing software
- Helping to keep you up to date with research
- Arranging 1-1 sessions at a mutually convenient time. These may be conducted in person, via email, over the phone, or online via Skype.
We cannot offer help in the following areas:
- Conduct your literature search(es) for you
- Offer any qualitative assessment of references found through a literature search
- Write or proof-read your assignments
- Offer an opinion on any mark that you might receive for your written work
- Become involved in decisions relating to academic regulations, such as extenuating circumstances.
To make an appointment contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information on skills such as academic writing, effective learning, note taking and presentation skills, please see the Academic Skills Centre.
There is also advice for students with additional needs on the Disability and Learning Support site.