If you have a problem accessing electronic material try the
Just Ask instant messaging service in the first instance
In some cases we may have to pass your query to one of our technical teams. In that sort of case it may be impossible to provide an answer the same day. We can usually provide instant advice and help with problems like the following:
- Cannot download full text but FindIt@Bham shows availability.
- Missing electronic content
- Problem logging in to specific eBooks/eJournals/eResources
Before you report a problem, check the RSS feed ‘Known Problems with FindIt@Bham’ in the right hand column. If the problem is not in the list please see below for how to report it.
if you know that your problem is an IT issue rather than a library issue (for example your BU username and password are not working at all, for any services), the best thing is to raise a Service Desk Call. Please include the following information where relevant:
- eBook/eJournal/eResource title
- Article title, volume, year, issue and the page numbers
- Are you accessing the resource from on or off campus?
- If there an error message please provide details