Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is FAME?
Financial Analysis Made Easy (FAME) is a database published by Bureau van Dijk (BvD) that contains information on over 2 million active companies in the United Kingdom and Ireland as well as historical information on 6 million companies that are no longer active and details of 1.3 million companies that are active but yet to file accounts or are not required to file accounts. The resource contains up to 10 years worth of information on each company. The data is largely sourced by Jordans via Companies House (UK) and the Companies Registration Office (Ireland).
FAME helps you to:
- Assess a company’s financial strength
- Find companies that match your profiles including size, industry and location - you can combine hundreds of criteria
- Find all companies in the same corporate “family” and look at complex organisational structures in clear diagrams. This unique data set includes international and domestic ownership information
- Compile a detailed picture of a company that includes background information, financial history plus relevant news
- Analyse a company in relation to its peers
- Show your results graphically to help you interpret and display your research
- Monitor companies and peer groups you’re interested in using FAME's flexible alerts
- Export your results for analysis or business development projects
- Compare groups of companies against each other
You can search the FAME database on a single criterion, for example a company name, or on a combination of criteria. It allows you to compare companies to their peer groups and analyse the data using the financial analysis software that is included. Data can be easily downloaded into MS Excel and you can also choose to create graphs and charts for download.